Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Red heels and the cute, dorky doctor

Once the cancer had been confirmed, there were a slew of doctor appointments to come. So, I promised myself that for each appointment, I would dress up, as though I was going somewhere fun.


The day of my MRI, I curled my hair, wore my tight jeans, a black shirt, red heels, red lipstick, ruby chandelier earrings and matching bracelet with my red scarf. Once I was brought back to change into my gown for the exam, I realized something funny. I had to walk around in only the gown and my red heels! I felt like such a hoochie!


So, I sat in the exam room waiting for the doctor and in he comes with his cute girl assistant. The doctor was probably just 30 years old, dark hair, glasses. Very cute, but very nerdy. The procedure included putting a marker onto the tumor location of my breast. When he walked in the room, he immediately started speaking nervously and asked if I wanted to place the marker on my breast, or if he should.


Looking behind him, I knew he was nervous; he didn't shut the door! Which I thought was funny. I asked if we could close the door as "not to give the rest of the hospital a show." We all giggled. He then reaches down to put the marker on my breast, and I noticed his hand was shaking and all I kept thinking was, this was his job and he's nervous because of me! hahaha


The cute girl assistant could see what was happening and she gave me a funny look as the two of us made the connection of the red lipstick, red heels and nervous dorky doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment