Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy - you can't get us!

Nate and I went out yesterday to see what Hurricane Sandy was all about and walked down to the East River in Brooklyn Heights and found about 20 other people just like us trying to weather the storm.


Though we made out lucky - still have power, lost cable for a few hours - we realize there are so many out there that are facing true devastation to their homes and businesses.  The Jersey Shore is devastated. My little vacation spot from my childhood - Seaside Heights - almost completely washed away. The Log Flume, gone!  Poor Hoboken - my old stomping grounds - is completely flooded!

It's times like these to look around at your loved ones and squeeze them tight. Because no matter what, as long as you have them - and your health - everything is going to be ok.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cameron, I'm not sure how to do that, because I can't find your email in your profile.

    Would you mind emailing me at fightingpretty@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete