Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pink October

Amazing is the only word I can think of for how I feel about the opportunities given to me from the American Cancer Society.

This past September, they called me and said, "Kara, we are shooting the Breast Cancer Awareness October NFL apparel catalog. Would you like to bring your family and pose for us?" I immediately said "Yes!" and of course invited all of my family members - Mommy, Jabe, Dana, Steve, Caroline, Uncle Carm, Aunt Laura, Carmoo, Kimmy and Anna.  The next week, I got a call asking what the name is of the one family member that I would be bringing was. Oops! So, I brought Mommy, my biggest supporter to join me in this incredible experience.

The day was amazing.  There's that word again!

Not only did we meet about 20 other wonderful, strong and incredible breast cancer survivors, but we were pampered with hair and makeup, we posed for the catalog, my mom was the funniest person there and got all the "fans" to get really roudy, and.... I made the cover!

For a copy of the catalog, visit:
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3862638


The Catalog!


Here are some pic's from the day of the shoot!


Hair and Makeup Time





Mommy & Me



(us being silly!)


Mommy being the best "fan!"


What an amazing day! 


Much thanks to the American Cancer Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment