Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beautious Tatas!

So, I've had my exchange surgery (reconstructive surgery) and am currently recovering back at home.

My surgery was on Wednesday, June 24 at 7am, and by 8:30am, I had beautiful brand new tatas. My mom, sister and Nate the Great accompanied me. Those three are my trio of protection. They make everything better and can get me through anything.

The surgery was considered to be outpatient, but when the nurses thought it was time for me to leave, I could barely lift my head, let alone get in the car with my family to head home. Nate went back to work after I was getting out of recovery and continued to call every 1/2 hour to check in. After my mom and sister became friendly with all of the patients and their families at the hospital, we stayed until 7pm when I was actually able to walk. Ugh. All the while Nate was keeping a very exciting secret.

When we pulled into the driveway, I saw a very familiar black Jetta with Maryland license plates. I began to cry. It was Colleen's car!

I started to get out of the car (needing help of course) and my mom ran in the back. My sister helped me out and we began to walk inside. Immediately, both Meaghan and Colleen came running up to me with a big hug welcoming me home from surgery.

At this point, I was so excited to see them that suddenly my pain felt lessened and I was just so happy to see my girls. They showered me with presents -- food (yummy lasagna), flowers, bracelet charms and dessert. Then, we received an Edible Arrangement full of fresh fruit and chocolate from my 2 favorite Koreans! I could not stop thanking them. They drove 4 hours to come up and see me! I felt so bad because all the while, they were chatting with Nate to see when we were supposed to get home. And it was originally supposed to be 1pm! So they had waited at my house since the afternoon reading bridal magazines and eating delicious spinach dip waiting for me! Then, at 10pm, they drove home! I have the most amazing friends.

So, now it's Saturday, Nate is here and Dana, Steve, Chris and Michele just left. My mom and Jabe are going on a date so Nate and I are in for an ice cream and movie night.

I'm in a lot of pain - feeling pressure from the surgery and just feeling a little drugged from the Percaset... but having my family and friends around me to keep me smiling and laughing helps me forget all that's going on. I can't imagine going through this without them. With each step, we celebrate. My hair is growing at a steady rate and I'm really starting to look like a true fuzz ball. Plus, I have new beautious tatas! Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment