Monday, June 22, 2009

Bittersweet Move

Yesterday was the first day of a whole new chapter for me. It was a bittersweet day because as I looked around my empty apartment in Hoboken, I realized the past 3 years have been so careless, without a worry in the world. And in the last 6 months, my entire world has turned around in good ways and obviously bad.

I moved back in with my mom and JB. The move was fine; a bit tiring, but more emotional than anything else. Steve, Dana, Nate, Matt and Kevin helped out. And although only few tears had been shed (due to my sister and Rhianna’s song Umbrella), moving back home made The Big C, all that more real.

This coming Wednesday is my exchange surgery and for some reason, I’m so much more anxious about this surgery than I was about the mastectomy. Back in January, it was all so new and so shocking that I just did it. Now, I’ve been anticipating this day and can’t believe it’s here already. The good thing is, this means Chapter 4 will be over! One more success to celebrate!

Oh, PS – Colleen got engaged! Now that’s Meaghan and Colleen! YIPPEEEEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment