Thursday, April 29, 2010

Celebration!

Buskers was the venue. Celebrating the end of my cancer journey was the occasion.

Friends from different lives attended:

Old friends from high school whom I don't see enough!

My second parents, Patty and Teels (who gave me some bottles of bubbly to celebrate!)

My big sisters: the Rutgers girls and Kim (and her soon to be hubby who I love!); Plus my big brothers: Love you Jax and Rocco!

And let's not forget my Garnier savior: Kristie!

Then about 30 to 40 minutes after we arrived, Nate the Great walks in with a bouquet of flowers, his two roommates (or should I call them OUR roommates) and two great friends! Those guys are probably the newest addition to my friend pool and they've had such a big role in getting me through all of this -- probably without even knowing it. I mean, imagine meeting your new boyfriend's friends for the first time -- with no hair! Yuk! But they always asked how I was doing, always were there keeping me smiling. I just love them.

Then, Uncle Carm pulled his usual antic: "Sorry Kar, Aunt Laura and I can't make it. Have a great time." Yeah right! They walked in around 10pm and partied and danced all night!

I can't forget to mention my college roommates...Megs, Colleen, and Allison (Katie couldn't make it but love her anyway!). These girls are not friends, they truly are sisters to me. Though they live about four hours away, they have emotionally, mentally and physically been there every single step of the way. From showing up at my mom's house after my surgeries and going home later that night, sending me cards and gifts in the mail, constantly calling to check on me, and keeping me flying high - they are truly the best.

Meaghan comes out with the most ridiculous nonsense and I just love it. Allison is hysterical and Colleen is always smiling. Thank GOD for York College!

And last but not least, my loving, giving, and well, excited family: Mommy, Dana, Steve, and Jabe. I cannot thank them all enough for everything! I actually don't even quite know how to begin. From making special dinners, going to every doctor appointment, keeping me balanced and unafraid to tackle the next step in the journey, shaving my head, making it fun to buy wigs and hats, watching Gossip Girl on chemo weekends and making jest, to crying together, laughing together and putting all of this behind us!

So last January (2009) when we held the first party at Buskers to say goodbye to the tatas (see first post on this blog) we thought this day was so far in the future...well, here it is! The post-celebration happened and my new boobies, new hair, new experiences and new life is just...well, fabulous!

Thank you all! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment