Thursday, May 28, 2009

Boat Cruise with my favorite girls


written on May 9, 2009

My roommate from college, Allison, is getting married to her long-time boyfriend Rick. Back in February, all of my roommates (Colleen, Meaghan, Katie, and myself) got an email from Rick stating he’d like to host a surprise boat cruise for all the girls in the wedding.

Back in February, this event seemed like a long-lost date plopped on the calendar. Now, it’s past. And it was SOOO fun. The funny thing is, it’s these events that have been able to make my chemo treatments bearable. With each chemo week, I always planned something at the end to look forward to. And this boat cruise was certainly something I couldn’t wait for!

So, the weekend came (Nate came with) and I put on my best “boating” outfit. Blonde wig, pearls, big hat – the girls kept calling me Kentucky Derby girl.

We had the best time! And looking back, I realize that making all these plans every weekend when I did not have chemo, is what made this process go so fast. That’s the trick – keep yourself busy!!! (And find a really hot, sweet guy to waste time with – I swear, he cures cancer!)


No comments:

Post a Comment