Thursday, May 28, 2009

I see the light at the end of this crazy tunnel

written on May 18, 2009

Hmmmm.. so, I’m trying to catch you up on what’s been happening in my life right? Well, so much. Justin, one of my buds from high school, keeps teasing me that I have no time for him anymore. That all my weekends are busy. It’s true!

I feel bad in a way, because I have the best family and friends. And those that are trying to make plans with me can’t. Because I seriously have things planned every weekend (when I don’t have chemo).

You know it’s funny. Because I go to a support group at Sloan Kettering and there are many wonderful, strong women there. But when they talk about their experience, it seems like it was such a life struggle. Like a dark cloud that lived over them for all that time. And yes, I can agree with that. But I truly feel as though because of the love and support of those so close to me (specifically Mommy, Dana, Nate, JB, my roomies from college, Justin, Becka, Gemma, Michele and Chris, and my roommate Amy), I have truly been able to see past this huge layer of cancer that’s been living in front of my face since January.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I see my short-do hairstyles in August (hope to look like Natalie Portman with her little do). I see myself getting married. I see myself having children. I see my life ahead. And I’m just so excited to get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment