Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The 5th chapter begins...only 23 more!

So much has happened.



Work you ask? Since I had been back to work after chemo ended, my HR department came to me and told me they had the perfect Account Supervisor position for me at the agency. I was hesitant to actually make a move, but accepted. I was nervous. So much had been changing. I just moved back home with my mom, my commute was longer, my appearance was different, and now my job? But this is what I had worked SO hard for. So, I put my worries aside and took the position. As of about 2 weeks ago, I was officially promoted to the position of Account Supervisor on the L'Oreal / Garnier Nutritioniste, Skin Care brand. And I have to say, it's been great!

Great, feeling like I'm an integral part of the team. That my being at the office and helping construct the next steps for organizing a television shoot with a very famous and fabulous woman is needed! As of the beginning of August, I may just be best buds with SJP.

Appearance you ask? Well.....my hair is growing like a weed! My eyebrows and eyelashes too! Take a look at me! (just taken with webcam)


My hair is grooowwwwinng!!!!


Plus, the other day, a producer that I used to work with came by my desk to ask how I was feeling. He went on to tell me about a personal experience he had with breast cancer (his significant other) and the process they had to go through, which was actually very similar to mine. He then complimented me on my hair and said he really admired me for wearing it that way, and that he loved when his g-friend kept her's shaved almost 2 years after her last chemo treatment. He then went on to tell me that she has a high-end bathing suit company and she would love if I modeled for her! ME? WITH NO HAIR! MODELING!! So, the photoshoot is set for this coming Friday...we'll see how it goes! :)

Other than that, radiation just started yesterday. The first day was annoying in that I had to wait about 2+ hours, but my mom came with me (as she does to every doctor appointment) and eased any anxiety I was feeling. She is truly my best friend -- always there for me no matter what. I can't imagine a day without her.

As of today, I have had two treatments and have exactly 23 more. I was surprised that radiation was more like naptime, than actual treatment. You basically just lay on a board and a big, heavy screen surrounds you and gives you crazy radiation waves to make your cancer go away. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Side effects won't start happening until beginning to mid-August; so until then, I'll be smiling!

My social life has been pretty busy with weddings, parties, and resting. I went up to Buffalo this past weekend for Nate the Great's cousin's wedding and was able to meet his extended family. What great people! Everyday, I thank God for bringing him into my life.

Well, it's getting late, and my new commute and early radiation treatment has me waking at the crack of dawn. Only 23 left. And then DONZO! The 5th chapter begins and the countdown continues....

2 comments:

  1. You LOVE modeling ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you wish that Mommy didn't make macaroni and buy chocolate donuts each time you had chemo!

    ReplyDelete