Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1 week, 2 drains, and some corners

It's one week after surgery and it feels like an eternity.

Today, I woke up bright eyed and sunny. It was 8:30am and I was ready to start my day. Tomorrow is the PTHS high school fireworks and you can see them from my sister, Dana's backyard. So my plan for today, was to bake some brownies and cupcakes for tomorrow night for her guests and my sweet-toothed boyfriend who's last name actually means sweet (Nate Dolce)! Plus, I wanted to prepare for my roomies from college, Allison and Katie, to come visit! They're coming tomorrow!!

I came downstairs and had a nice little cup of Joe with my mom before she headed off to work. Just as my mom left, I went upstairs and looked in the mirror: my damn, frickin', crappy, annoying drains were leaking!

For those of you who don't know the process, when you have breast reconstruction (otherwise known as fabulous boobies put in that are cancer-free!!!!), the doctor inserts drains in your body to get rid of the excess fluid your body produces. These drains can stay in for several days, or over a week. Well, with the luck I've had this past year, of course, the drain experience was no different. I still have them and they are nothing but a big pain in the a$$, or brea$t, actually.

So, needless to say, my corners were down today. I was frustrated. Annoyed. Wanting to scream; so, I spoke with the doctor hoping these suckers were coming out today. But needless to say, the nurse said no. Ugh!

It took a while for me to get out of my funk. But with a nurturing hug and kiss from my mom, a few uplifting and loving calls from The Great, some pic's of his new nephew Kevin (so cute), a smiley text from Stacey, friendly check-in from my gal from work Sandi, some Oreo's and 90210, I felt better. Whew.

At about 4pm, I hit the shower and immediately felt a sense of relief. I put on a really cute dress, red lipstick and my "Carrie Bradshaw" shoes and met my mom at the A&P to get the goods for making the cupcakes and brownies for my sweet.

So, now my day is looking up and my corners are too! Hooray!

PS. Thanks for all the happy notes that you all have sent to my mom after reading my blog. Keep 'em coming and feel free to comment on my postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment