Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No wonder I'm so forgetful!

I've been forgetful since I was a little girl, so I really cannot attribute my lack of remembering to chemo-brain. But I do know what this felt like. It's the strangest thing when you literally can't think back to what happened only days before. And you really do have a kind of "fog" that drifts over your eyes, your mind and your overall self.

I have to be honest in that I'm not so sure it's an actual side effect from drugs, but a natural reaction to being slapped in the face with an ugly thing called cancer.

So for all of you out there that start to glaze over reading a book, watching TV or even talking with friends - it's called "chemo brain" - and it's not because they are boring, (well it could be - haha), it's completely normal. Let's just hope it doesn't last for 20 years like this article says!
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/breast-cancer/chemo-brain-may-linger-20-years-after-breast-cancer-treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment